mhd provide the following Child law services:
- Children - Residence or Contact arrangements
- Children – Guardianship, Kinship Care, Parental Responsibilities and Parental Rights
- Children Hearings
- Children - Permanence Orders
- Child abduction within UK & Hague Convention
- Cross-border, international issues, including relocation of children.
- Child support and maintenance
We are highly regarded for our expertise in dealing with Child issues:.
We have extensive experience in advising on Residence and Contact (what was known as Custody and Access) issues, Child support and in cases of Child Abduction and Reloction cases (both in the Court of Session and the Sherrif Court).
We are experienced in acting for children and young people and provide training for solicitors across the UK in this area.
A number of our solicitors are regularly instructed by the Courts to act as a Curator ad litem (an officer of the court appointed to protect the interests of children affected by litigation) as a Court appointed Reporter (an officer of the court appointed to prepare a Court report which investigates and reports to the court on welfare issues in litigated cases involving children) and as gaurdians (to look after the affairs of those unable to do so themselves).
Our Family Law Team practise in this area.
The guide to a survivable separation, “Breaking Up – Without Falling Apart”, written by Anne Dick, can be accessed here