As we get older, legal as well as practical issues can arise. Concern over what help is available as we become infirm such as where we might live, who will take care of us, how do we remain safe in our chosen environment, how do we fund all of this, and how much will we need to keep aside for all of this – all of these aspects will be of concern to many of us.
Others may also worry about how giving away assets will impact on inheritance tax, about how to protect assets which are to be left for their family, about how best to plan for potential incapacity in later life, about funeral plans, wills, and how to raise money through Equity Release schemes.
MHD can assist with all of these concerns, and more. We will:
- Guide you to various state benefits that might be available (and we can assist with applying for these)
- Assist you in raising funds for ongoing care costs (as appropriate)
- Discuss strategies with you to help to deal with potential incapacity in the future
- Guide you through the process of raising funds through lifetime mortgages
- Help you protect assets for your family or chosen beneficiaries
- Help you plan your assets in relation to inheritance tax
- Provide you with financial administration and investment strategies for existing investment portfolios
- Assist you in any way we can with all things that affect us as we get older.
Our aim is to make you feel safe in an environment of your choosing, to ensure you receive as much financial assistance as is available, and as things develop over the years we will ensure that all legal and practical aspects are covered in a way that is best for you.